Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Birthdays

Birthdays are a wonderful time in our lives, whether its ours, are childrens or our friends. They are a time to reminisce and a time to celebrate new accomplishments. Yesterday was my daughter Kaycies 17th birthday and it was a very emotional day for me. She was going to get her drivers license. I remember what a great feeling that was to me and I think to so many people. You finally gain your independence you can come and go whenever you want and dont have to wait for someone to take you. What a cool time in your life!
I couldnt sleep Sunday night because I was so nervous for her and I was so torn. I wanted her to pass her driving test but I wanted to keep my little girl too. Of course she seemed to be so cool about the whole thing it was just another milestone, another step on her way to growing up.
Monday turned out to be a dreary, rainy, cold day but we got ready and headed out.
The person who was going to administer her driving test was a woman (to her great relief). Her cousins had prepared her well with stories of their experiences all involving big, bald, mean old men. So when she saw a small blond woman she was immediately at ease. As she and the woman drove off I was standing there in the cold by my self and there was another officer standing there. He yelled hey was that Kaycie I shook my head yes and he started talking to me
I guess he could tell I was upset.
Anyway about 5 minutes later she pulled back up and she was grinning from ear to ear. She had done it She Had Her DRIVERS LICENSE!!!! Hurray and Help Me LORD!!!

10 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats to your daughter, and happy belated birthday to her. Hang in there, I am sure you are a wonderful mom.

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Mary. I just saw your comment on Karen's blog this morning and noticed you said you were a 'new' blogger. So just wanted to drop by and hand out a big Texas Howdy to you and say 'glad to meet you'.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Mary,
"WELCOME" to the wonderul world of blogging. I'm so glad Hope got you out of the closet. I do hope you enjoy it. It took me a while to get going, but I do enjoy it very much. I do hope you will come back again and visit. You are always Welcome at my place. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to your daughter Kaycie. I know what you mean by still wanting to keep the little girl in her. We have 2 girls, ages 11 and 9. I still want them to be babies. LOL. I do miss those days. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Hope said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAYCIE!!!
Mary, it doesn't seem possible that she's 17 and has a driver's license!! I could hear you saying, "Hurray and Help Me LORD!!"

As you now know, we had a very exciting night!! I'm am exhausted from all that pushing!! LOL Josie came pretty fast into the world and Angie was a real trooper. She did exactly as the nurse told her and therefore made it easier on herself, which is a good thing as you know. The nurse she had was so good and reminded me so much of your mom. She was so sweet and kind to us all but had authority to. Her doctor was great too and had a really good sense of humor. I like that in a doctor!! :)

I wanted to tell you how sorry I was to hear about Baby. I know yours and Kaycie hearts are breaking but I also know you did the right thing to not let her suffer. That's real love!! I know you miss her but you have some good memories. She was a sweetheart!!

Well, I'm off to visit a little more in Blogland then I may catch another little nap since I haven't had much sleep. I talked to Willie and they have had visitors constantly and are worn out so I probably won't go to the hospital today. I'll wait until they get home so I can squeeze little Josie as much as I want to!! LOL

You're getting the hang of blogging now especially since you learned to leave a comment! :) Keep up the good work!!

Love ya,
Hopie

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thank you for your visit!! I read where you like Mary Higgins Clark I do, too!!
Happy Birthday to your daughter!! It is really neat to get your drivers license's!! Good for her! It is so helpful when they can run and do stuff for you!! Blessings, Grams

Brandy said...

Well no more driving for me!! Love ya.

Hope said...

Hi Mary,

Tag, you're it!! :O) Come by my blog to get the rules for the game.

Hugs,
Hope

Lib said...

Hi,
Congrats to your daughter.I do know how you feel, I went thru that some yrs. back.No matter how old our kids are we worry about them huh?
Have agreat week.
Blessins',Lib

Unknown said...

Mary
I have two teen daughters who will be driving before long. I know exactly how you fell. Welcome to blogger land. Lisa

Unknown said...

I am a friend of Hope's and brandy's. I also have a 17 yr old and a 15 yr old daughter.Welcome to blogger Land :) Lisa